Prev: Re: Lasers in the colonies Next: Re: Colonists and Weapons

Re[2]: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:19:04 -0500
Subject: Re[2]: COLONIAL WEAPONS

I have only read the 2nd Ed Full Thrust rules so far, but it mentions
that the battery weapons are most likely particle accelerators.  So
what kind of traumatic "stopping power" would a personal particle
accelerator have?

We don't know.	We haven't built any yet.  Are they able to be made
effective weapons for an infantryman/colonist?	Dunno.	Would they be
too fragile for colonist use?  Dunno.

So, for the record: When I'm done building my fleet and have started
building up my DS2 army, all of my colonists will have slightly less
than military-grade Particle Beam weapons. They will have respectable
kick, and when the particle beam hits the target the beam will tranfer
enough energy into the target to cause trauma and damage from burns,
and the explosive vaporization of the target's matter, which will
provide the
"stopping power"(unless it's structure isn't given to explosive
vaporization due to particle-beam hits).

And you can't stop me... Muwahahahahaha!

(Here's where people line up to say that I'm wrong and start citing
hard sci-fi about particle beams and the physics behind them, trying
to stop, you see.)

--
Best regards,
 Flak