Prev: Re: Laser Weapons Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

RE: Laser Weapons

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:28:01 +1100
Subject: RE: Laser Weapons

--
> but would/could this work?  Would the beam have to hit bare flesh
directly?

>From my limited physics knowledge, and what I remember of the Cyberpunk
RPG,
I think the energy weapons were more along the lines of concentrated
microwaves (maybe with a laser carrier beam for accuracy).  Microwaves
would
certainly produce steam explosions when enough energy was applied.

I have heard stories of electronic techs / electricians who decided it
was
nice and warm in front of the microwave radio transmitter dish and were
found the next day neatly cooked through (from other sparkies in the
industry).

Brendan

Prev: Re: Laser Weapons Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS