Prev: For those who wanted only one link Next: RE: Laser Weapons

Re: Laser Weapons

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:12:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Laser Weapons

At 08:11 PM 1/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I can buy a laser as an anti-tank weapon.  I really have to
>suspend disbelief in the anti-creature category.  The massive
>energy required is much better used throwing small pieces of
>mass at your opponent or prey.

I remember reading something from Walter John Williams about this.
Lemme
see if I can find it....

Here we go: "And forget the business of beam weapons making cauterized
wounds -- these beam weapons are tuned to the harmonic frequency of the
body's water, causing instant steam explosions that blow great bloody
chunks out of people."	(From his adaptation of his book _Hardwired_ to
the
Cyberpunk RPG.)

Dunno the physics, never claimed to -- I was an English major, by gum!
--
but would/could this work?  Would the beam have to hit bare flesh
directly?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: For those who wanted only one link Next: RE: Laser Weapons