Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:02:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Richard Bell wrote:
> > > What about a plain'ol future tech LASER rifles?
> power.  Burning a hole in
> it might not stop something big and dumb.
> transferring a significant amount
> of kinetic energy has it's perks.

Well,
     As much as I am enjoying the tech debate,
one needs to consider the political background to
see IF ANY weapon is available to the colonist.
     The ESU would allow NO weapons outside of the
partys control, the number of colonists that die
is of no importance as long as control is maintained.
     FSE, NAC, and NSL would be only slightly more
willing to allow colonists to have weapons.
     An FCT or Dutch colony would be armed to the
teeth. (Comparitively speaking)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......