Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: 2300 AD - GZG

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:55:45 +0900
Subject: Re: 2300 AD - GZG

At last! Mention of 2300AD!

The entire series, along with the Twilight 2000 series, is scheduled for
reprint from FFE shortly. you can get some info from their website at
http://www.farfuture.net/

Also, there are several yahoogroups lists on the subject, of which the
broadest in scope is:
2300NonCanon-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

A page of my private links for 2300AD, including a lot of other related
links but also all the 2300 links I know of, is on my webpage at:
http://www.kurotokage.org/2300AD/Bookmarks.html

I would be DELIGHTED to see any notes on conversions. With a friend or
two, we are trying to work up conversions to bring Blue Planet into the
2300AD universe now...

Tomb wrote:

> Notice the similarity of Kafers and Kra'Vak? Methinks (actually, me
> knows) that they were a partial model for our favorite Kilo Victor
> figures.
>
> Notice the FSE figures look a lot like Foreign Legion figures in 2300?
> FCT troops a lot like USMC Marines? :)
>
> Notice how the Goliath looks like the US M9 hovertank? Or the Wombat
> like the German GEV APC? :)
>
> 2300 had some great artists and some good concepts. My use of the
Eldar
> Tempest from Armorcast as Kravak armour is a bit of a play on the
Kafer
> Deathsled.
>
> I have (half written) a set of conversions for all the weapons
(similar
> to yours) and some rules for doing Kafers (start yellow, gain one
> quality level per turn until red, etc). Will appear on stargrunt.ca
when
> life slows down a bit.
>
> 2300 AD had almost as neat of a future as GZG (and as likely....). It
> too had a "colonial" feel. But it had a really cool starmap (3d space,
> imagine that!) and it had a history which had _been_gamed_out_ using a
> massive simulation and 20 or so people to determine what the countries
> did.

=====
I began to speak of style, of the army of words, of the army in which
all kinds of weapons may come into play. No iron can stab the heart with
such force as a period put just at the right place.
- Isaac Babel, "Guy de Maupassant"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS