Prev: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

2300 AD - GZG

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:56:35 -0500
Subject: 2300 AD - GZG

Notice the similarity of Kafers and Kra'Vak? Methinks (actually, me
knows) that they were a partial model for our favorite Kilo Victor
figures.

Notice the FSE figures look a lot like Foreign Legion figures in 2300?
FCT troops a lot like USMC Marines? :)

Notice how the Goliath looks like the US M9 hovertank? Or the Wombat
like the German GEV APC? :)

2300 had some great artists and some good concepts. My use of the Eldar
Tempest from Armorcast as Kravak armour is a bit of a play on the Kafer
Deathsled.

I have (half written) a set of conversions for all the weapons (similar
to yours) and some rules for doing Kafers (start yellow, gain one
quality level per turn until red, etc). Will appear on stargrunt.ca when
life slows down a bit.

2300 AD had almost as neat of a future as GZG (and as likely....). It
too had a "colonial" feel. But it had a really cool starmap (3d space,
imagine that!) and it had a history which had _been_gamed_out_ using a
massive simulation and 20 or so people to determine what the countries
did.

And the French were still the French.... and this was another
non-Amero-centric game (The big powers being French, German, British and
Chinese IIRC).

T.

Prev: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS