Prev: Re: [SG] Suicide Bombers Next: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops!

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:40:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
> >If it takes more training to produce a suicide bomber
> >than a combat rifleman,
> > why aren't you producing more combat riflemen?
>
> Cultural differences.  ie, it's easier for
> Palestinians to produce suicide bombers than good
> infantrymen.	It would be much harder for US to
> produce suicide bombers because we don't think that
> way.

It is next to impossible for the palestinians to produce ANY
infantrymen.  If americans had the same standard of living as the
palestinians, there would be no shortage of american suicide bombers.
That impoverished segment of the american populace that makes barely
enough money to not qualify for medicare has a standard of living beyond
the dreams of avarice for the typical palestinian.

Americans do not produce suicide bombers because it is a nominally
egalitarian society with universal franchise and, by third world
standards, anyone that is not actually homeless is incredibly wealthy.
Unlike the palestinians, almost all americans have something worth
living for.  Sadly, there are many palestinians who take a look at the
death benefits offered for advancing some cause, and realize that
martyrdom is the best available career.  But if every palestinian had at
least some shitty, joe-job that allowed him to support his family in a
three room hovel with indoor plumbing, the terrorist recruiters would be
told to go fuck themselves (pardon the vernacular).

Prev: Re: [SG] Suicide Bombers Next: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops!