Prev: RE: [FT] I'm in love with Pulse Torpedoes Next: Re: [Semi-OT] Blackhawk Down

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:01:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Laserlight wrote:

> I don't think this takes into account a non-European mindset, but In
> Any Event, this doesn't deal with what I asked.  :-)
>
> *Assuming* that there are suicide bombers--which there are, 'cause Jon
> makes the figures for them--how would you reflect them in SG?

I actually think that the suicide bombers described in the WH40K
Imperial
Guard list are the best suicide unit that you can think of.  Each of the
"redeemed sinners" is wearing an explosive vest, which will detonate if
the wearer is killed.  They are not attached to regular units and try
not
to bunch up.  They are to dart forward and set themselves off.	Between
the distinctive markings of the wearer and limited range of WH40K
weapons,
they can sometimes chase around enemy units.  The important thing is
that
not all of the vests are armed (though they can all be set of
sympathetically by other explosions), so there is a chance that the
criminal will run up, not detonate, and be ignored as he skedaddles out
of
the lines of fire.

The exact dud rate to spur the hopes of the wearers need only be enough
that some previous wearers have escaped their fate.  The enemy might
shoot
you if no better target presents itself, but the commissar WILL shoot
you

Prev: RE: [FT] I'm in love with Pulse Torpedoes Next: Re: [Semi-OT] Blackhawk Down