Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: [SG] Islamic Bombers

OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:31:46 -0800
Subject: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

I think the biggest problem *I* have with the background material for
game
systems like WH40K (whick I've never played but watched a lot of games)
and
Battletech (Which I played WAY too much) is not how dark or evil the
forces
may or may not be - it's how little say I have over what the background
is
like.  It's constricting.  That's the beauty of the generic nature of
GZG.
Whether you play your take on a canon power, a non-canon power, or not
even
in the Tuffleyverse, it's UP TO YOU.  The tone can bew as dark or light
or
as many shades in between as you like.	You can fashion your power as
despotic, enlightened, heroic, villainous, and as idealistic,
optimistic,
realistic, pessimistic, or Mystic as you want.	I grew tired of having
decide if I wanted to be a merc, a Davion, a Clanner, etc.... Now I can
be a
Cascadian, and define what that means, or a NAC loyalist, or a Cylon, or
Klingon, or a Moron...... OK, that one may be unavoidable.  But the rest
is
up to me.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: [SG] Islamic Bombers