Prev: Re: [OT] minor rant was Re: Ganas Next: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Re: Re[2]: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:24:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Re[2]: DS2: Design questions of my own.

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> They have a small population, but not a miniscule
> one.	They actually prefer
> to defend themselves.  The emphasis therefore is not

> militias, but some sort of mercenary/foreign legion
> arrangement might be
> attractive.

Mercenaries are inherently unreliable, especially if
French.  A good policy would be to hire them remotely,
transport them directly to the scene of conflict, and
maintain control over their supply lines.  Otherwise
they try to take over Greece, or Cilicia.

Side Note:  My personal policy is 1)never hire anyone
with both land and space forces, 2)never, ever use
them to backstop your own garissons (new policy!),
3)Use them only on planets you really couldn't care
less about whether the population loves or not.

Oh, and make sure you maintain control over CLI
supplies.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: [OT] minor rant was Re: Ganas Next: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)