Prev: Re[4]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: [CON] ECC V - Six weeks

Re: Re[2]: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:03:20 -0800
Subject: Re: Re[2]: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Flak Magnet Wrote:

>Another way the Cascadians might protect their own population is to
>hire the Mercenaries that have been discussed ad-nauseum in another
thread.

>I mean, if they have more money/resources than they have people...
>that's the way to go, right?

They have a small population, but not a miniscule one.	They actually
prefer
to defend themselves.  The emphasis therefore is not necessarily to
avoid
Cascadian casualties at all costs - they understand how unrealistic that
is.
  The emphasis is on making sure the troops they DO have are the best
equipped, best armed, best trained troops around.  In addition, they
have
second line defenses comprised of all able-bodied Cascadians of a
certain
age (much like the Swiss model).

As for force projection and colonial defense, the colonies have well
trained
militias, but some sort of mercenary/foreign legion arrangement might be

attractive.

Brian B2

Prev: Re[4]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: [CON] ECC V - Six weeks