Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:38:12 -0700
Subject: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Actually the better number is 25%

Chance of absolute kill is increased from 50% to 75%, an increase of
25%.

Saying that it is an increase of 50% in chance to kill is a little
misleading.

An obvious example would be an increased kill probability from 1% to 5%,
the increase is 500% by your accounting, but in game terms, the increase
is only 4%.

Conversely a weapons system that already has a 75% kill rate compared to
one that has 100% kill rate - according to your usage, the 100% weapon
would ONLY have an increase of 33%.

--Binhan