Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:12:39 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute

At 12:52 PM -0700 1/16/02, B Lin wrote:
>Metal Storm is back in the news with a 15 barrel weapon that fires
>at rates of 1,000,000 rounds per minute.  One blurb says that rates
>up to 13 million per minute are possible.

Yes, it fires a lot of ammo. But you throw away the barrels and load
a new magazine/barrel assembly every time you have to reload the
mother. I'd hate to have one of them mis-fire too.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels