Prev: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:55:54 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Brian B2 wrote:

>One other option I have considered is asking nicely please if Oerjan
will
>suggest for me a different pricing structure for stealth & Backupo
systems
>that more accurately reflect their effects on the game.....

Stealth and FCSs are the two biggest problems with DS2 IME. Haven't
looked
much at Backup systems yet - there's not much point in trying to get
their
cost right when the costs the Backup cost is a percentage of are off :-/

Very quick'n'dirty fixes for Stealth and FCSs:

Stealth costs 10*(Stealth level)*(Vehicle size)

Superior FCS costs 15x(Size Class of largest weapon)

Enhanced FCS costs 10x(Size Class of largest weapon)

Basic FCS remains at 2x(Size Class of largest weapon)

These costs are very provisional, but at least they're closer than the
old
costs were :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.