Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:27:34 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

After further  consideration, and taking into account the suggestions
and
observations I have received, here is the winning design submission in
the
MBT competition for the Republic of Cascadia/Cascadian Armed Forces
MTT-15A
Kodiak.  The design was submitted not by a manufacturer but by an
independent design firm.  After bidding to construct it, the governemnt
decided to award bids to both Boeing Cascadian AND Kenworth.

MTT-15A
Class 4 Fast Tracked, FGP
Armor 4, Stealth 3, Superior ECM & FireCon
MDC 5
Sup PDS
APFC

Now on to the next question:  IFV/MICV design.	Requirements are
capacity
for 2 infantry elements, good support vs infantry and vehicles, and good

protection.  Fast tracked base.

Current competitors:

Bid V/I-X-1
Class 4 HMT
Armor 4R Stealth 2
Superior Systems
2 Infantry
GMS/H
MDC 2

Bid V/I-X-2
Class 4 HMT
Armor 4R Stealth 2
Superior Systems
2 Infantry
DFFG 3 (Justified by the close-in nature of much terrain, and the fact
that
they will work cloely with the big guns of the kodiak)
EPDS

Thoughts?

Brian B2

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2