Prev: OT: This is sad but interesting: Next: RE: Slightly OT: Cool Stuff in Space, was Asteroid etc.belts

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:14:51 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Brian B2 wrote:

>>Hmmm, why do I get 629 in cost from my application I wrote for this
very
>>task?  Probably due to the way rounding is done.   Ack! on this size
>>beast stealth is expensive.  Dropping the stealth drops the cost
nearly
>>260 points.  Ouch!
>
>Oerjan's been claiming for a while that stealth is overpriced for the
>protection it provides, I'm beginning to see his point from a game
>perspective.

:-)

>Unfortunately, I'm a firm believer in designs reflecting the flavor of
the
>country in question, and survivability is a big part of Cascadian
design
>and strategy.

In other words, you prefer role-playing and scenarios rather than
equal-points battles :-)

With the Cascadian emphasis on survivability "no matter the cost", large

financial and technical resources but small pool of manpower, they could

have just about any amount of Stealth. The only situation where DS2
Stealth
*isn't* good is if you fight point-balanced battles, because that's the
only situation where their much-too-high points cost matters...

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: OT: This is sad but interesting: Next: RE: Slightly OT: Cool Stuff in Space, was Asteroid etc.belts