Prev: Re: KNG Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:05:30 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Just to give everyone a sample of the designs competing for the contract

(Stealth levels are still under debate):

Boeing of Cascadia BT-14X
Class 5 Fast Tracked, FGP
Armor 5
Superior ECM & FireCon
MDC 5
SPDS
APFC
Co-ax RFAC 2 (For anti-personnel use, having to do with house rules)

Kenworth KTX
Class 6 FT, HMT
Armor 6
Superior ECM & FireCon
MDC 5
SPDS
APFC
RFAC
LADS

>From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: DS2: Design questions of my own.
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:31:04 -0800
>
>I had to delete almost 200 posts because I was busy all weekend, so I
>missed
>a lot of discussion. But the NPC design discussion prompted me to seek
>advice on a design issue of my own.  Let me give you all the background
and
>then I'll pose the question.
>
>The power in question is in a Non-Tuffleyverse.  The Republic of
Cascadia
>is
>located in what was once Northwestern US/western Canada.  They have a
>fairly
>low population base, but very high technology and a robust economy.
For
>this reason, they prefer to build the best vehicle for the job, and are
>willing to pay for whatever level of tech it takes.
>
>The vehicle in question is their latest MBT.  Cascadian design doctrine
>states that an MBT should primarily be able to Kill other MBT's and
Survive