Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: RE: [FH] KraVak predecessors

RE: About those Piranha Bugs - and more vileness

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:18:00 +1100
Subject: RE: About those Piranha Bugs - and more vileness

G'day,

> Over evolutionary times, the herd animals would learnt or
> evolved to avoid damaging the mounds, unless the toll was *very* low.

Or the time in between such events large enough... for instance cicadas
only
come out every 3, 5, 7, 13, 17 or 23 years (I don't think I've forgotten
any
kinds, but there may well be more) and theoretical studies have
confirmed
that such a behaviour in a predator would make it almost impossible for
prey item with a lifespan of a few years to counter the pattern of
emergence
and food use.

Now there's a scary thought.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: RE: [FH] KraVak predecessors