Prev: OT: Battleships and Merchants was Re: Mercs, yet again Next: Re: Letters of marque

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:32:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Ryan Gill wrote:

>Well phooey. It seems to me that rather than extending the chassis of
the
>M113, a United Defense chassis common with the M2/3, MLRS, etc would be

>the best thing to do. Start with your basic box APC and go from there.

There's just one small problem with this approach: A Bradley is much too

big and heavy to carry in a C-130 (another ten tons or so compared to
the
LAV family vehicles), so the resulting vehicle family wouldn't be of any

use for the US's "rapid-deployment" medium brigades since they're
supposed
to be C-130-deployable :-/

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: OT: Battleships and Merchants was Re: Mercs, yet again Next: Re: Letters of marque