Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: Letters of marque

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:12:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Letters of marque

Derek
> >Also while I remember, it might be pertinent to the general
> >discussion is that sometimes it is the navy of a nation state that
> >acts like pirates, thinking to the incidents involving the Chinese
> >navy and boats which were off China, but in international waters.

Ryan Gill asked:
> And what do those vessels usually bother? I'd be quite surprised if
> they even looked at a 1st or 2nd world vessel sideways.

Well, a PRC fighter rammed one of our surveillance planes last April
or so....remember?

Even "real" pirates (Dyaks) were known to attack first world ships,
IIRC, although I don't know how long ago.  Lord knows what they
thought they'd do with a destroyer if they captured one.

Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels