Prev: Re: Tiger and Sherman Next: Re: Letters of marque

Re: potpourri

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:48:30 +0100
Subject: Re: potpourri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca>
> 2) John the Inflammatory (in a comment which
> was unlikely to provoke the usual excitement)
> said "I'd mount them all in Wiesels." Sorry, but I
> immediately thought of "a plan so fiendishly
> cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a....
> Weasel!"[1]

Just in case any list member is not aware of it. John was referring to
the
German "Wiesel" tankette (or whatever you want to classify it as). A
nifty
little vehicle (like a large Jeep in size) used by the Bundeswehr's
Fallschirmjäger. Tracked and with light armor.
See:
http://www.e-2-127.org/armorid/wiesel.html
Designed by Porsche, by the way.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Tiger and Sherman Next: Re: Letters of marque