Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt ships... Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:10:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

On  9-Jan-02 at 12:49, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (s_schoon@pacbell.net)
wrote:

> Be very careful when making cuts. Try to make them as square (or
whatever
> angle) as possible. This will also keep joins from being as
noticeable.
> Don't be afraid to toss out a piece that's not perfect (my table is
> littered with thousands of failed attempts).

I pull out my woodworking tools for this.  If you have a sharp
block plane, even a cheapy like you get at Lowe's, you can cut
a bit oversize and shave it down to a perfect square edge.
I make wooden jigs if I am going to make several of the same
pieces or need precision.  They are just two pieces of wood glued
together.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt ships... Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels