Prev: Re: [OT] hi and thanks Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: Merc Guild - Not Really

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:11:14 EST
Subject: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:15:42 -0800 "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> <snip>
>And which army can you list that's never been guilty of any atrocity?
>Is
>the US Army no longer considered professional because of MY Lai or
>Wounded
>Knee?	I doubt you'd go that far.  I never claimed they were perfect,
>or
>innocent.  But they are a modern army with modern equipment, and
>modern
>training, and they do try to maintain a high degree of
>professionalism.  Add
>to this the "Future Fiction" factor Mr. Wilson mentions, and it's well
>
>within the realm of realism to suggest a future Turksih army that
>could hold
>it's own and not be considered barbarians.
>
>Brian B2

Just dawned on me - along with no 'good' guys there are no incompetent
armies.  Some less skilled, some logistically challenged,  some
ideologically or doctrinally challenged but no true incompetent armies.
Indeed some are better trained or equipped then others but even the
marginal ones have a minimal competence.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: [OT] hi and thanks Next: Re: Merc Guild