Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)

Re: Drones (UAVs)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:26:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Drones (UAVs)

----- Original Message -----
From: <johncrim@voicenet.com>
> I have this little booklet at home -- I'll look for it tonight -- that
is
a serious
> proposal to use small tracked RPVs for a variety of miltary
applications.
The author
> calls them "demons", if I remember correctly, and suggests at one
point
that they could be
> used as (among other things) tank killers.  *How* they are supposed to
do
this escapes me
> at the moment.

In WWII, the Germans had a small tracked demolition vehicle which looked
rather like a large GW "Rhino" APC model. It was wire-guided. One of the
plastic fiigure manufacturers (Revell?) has a set of German Engineers
with a
model.

AFAIK, it was intended for use against stationary targets ;-)

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)