Prev: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)

RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:24:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >the Armenian genocide and to this day the Turkish
> >government denies that the genocide occoured.
>
> Which is sad, but not uncorrectable.	Many of the
> Turks I met expressed
> great remorse for many of the past actions of their
> people.

Funny--you'd think in a modern, secular, democratic
nation that if the majority of the people held a
sentiment, it would be reflected by their politicians.

> Deliberate policy of an entire nation - like the
> internment of Japanese Americans?

Not a single Japanese-American starved to death, died
of exposure, or watched their children bayonetted by
US soldiers.

Undoubtedly the mass internment of Japanese-Americans
was an overreaction.  Some of them should have been
interned.  The problem was sorting these out.

Again, the US government admitted they did wrong, the
US has apologized, and paid reperations to those
interned or their next of kin.

When is Turkey going to do so?

>Like the distribution of Smallpox-infested blankets
>to Indians?

Every time I ask for a source on this piece of hoary
liberal propaganda, the only one anyone can every
provide is a single instance of a BRITISH Major
General ordering this done.

Not something you can blame the US for.

> Like Slavery?

ROFL!  An apologist for the TURK?  Accusing the US on
our SLAVERY policy?

You're either very, very stupid, or very, very
ignorant.

Let's see.

Turkish slavery originated in the prehistory of the
Turkish people and was finally abolished when?	Long
after the US gave it up.  US citizens held slaves for
a grand total of 220 years.

Turks enslaved the children of their own subjects with
the express intent of sexually abusing them.

If you really want to compare the two systems of
slavery, we can.  But that's a long, long discussion,
and better done off-list.

The Turks and their apologists are cordially invited
to attempt carnal relations with swine before they
come crying to me about the immorality of the US slave
trade.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)