Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: MPs

From: WJAL21@a...
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:41:25 EST
Subject: Re: MPs

flakmagnet72@yahoo.com writes:

> I've never had any experience with Candadian MP's, British MP's
> though, I have.  Not extensively, but I did notice that when a Brit MP
> identified himself to a British ground-pounder, they took notice.
> From what I was told by one of those "blokes", MP isn't an MOS in the
> british army, it's something that has to be earned.  In effect, MP's
> for the brits are a "Special Forces" of sorts, even being considered
> the "Queen's Own" as troops are selected out of the MP's for the
> statue-like guards at the palace.

The BBC did a documentary series on MP's a couple of years ago. In
British
army I believe they are referred to as redcaps. From memory I think they
have
to transfer in after serving with some other regiment.
They do not do the standing outside the palace like statue thing. That
is the
job of one of the guards regiments, Irish Scots Welsh, etc.
 The other thing I sort of remember is their motto is something like
"first
in last out".

John L

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild