Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the.... Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:27:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

John Atkinson wrote:

>Most likely, more than a few of the merc units will be
>front units for some of the major power's intel
>agencies.  Others will be a way for smaller nations to
>defray operating costs and gain operational
>experience.

I've been batting my ideas for the AstroTurks(tm) around with Mr.
Maddox.
I've patterned their attitudes towards the military loosely on the
Modern
Turkish attitude - Military held in high regard. To have a
son/husband/etc
in the Army or to BE in the Army is a high honor.  To fail as a soldier,

especially as an officer, is a disgrace.  The AstroTurks will have
stringent
requirements on their Army.  Anyone who can't quite make the grade is
given
the option of joining a turkish Merc unit.  In this way, the Merc units
provide my future Turkey with extra income, and allow the merc members
avoid the disgrace of discharge.  Furthermore, the regular army watches
the
performance of Merc members, and any who acquit themselves well are
"invited" back into the regular army.  This means that both training and

experience are in good supply in the future Turkish military.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the.... Next: Re: Merc Guild