Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Scale wars redux was Re: DLD Unsolicited Testimonial

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:11:29 EST
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:42:05 EST WJAL21@aol.com writes:

>--part1_161.65a7110.295e4f3d_boundary
>
>In a message dated 28/12/01 22:34:21 GMT Standard Time,
>johnmatkinson@yahoo.com writes:
>

>> Different case--due to the inadequacies of the
>> training system, the low quality of the conscripts,
>> the lack of adequate long-service NCOs, and a
>> rotational system designed (apparently) to destroy the
>> fighting soldier's morale, the US in Vietnam never had
>> "experienced" troops or units in-country.  And still
>> managed to never loose a fight.  The Brits had units
>> which had been fighting almost continuously since
>> 1940.
>>

>  I imagine that could drain anyone's fighting spirit.

Actually neither case sounds like a way to run an army - except into the
ground.   But most cases of an army disintegrating or becoming
ineffective operationally are a result of either blind indifference to
some facet of reality or complete disregard for the fact that your army
is staffed by mortals.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com