Prev: Re: Nomenclature2 (NSL, FSE, ESU) Next: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:39:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

----- Original Message -----
> > > 3) What does the NSL call their Army? It would
> SNIP
> > The Austrian Army is
> > called the Bundesheer.  Heer means Army, Bundes means
> > Federal.  I have no idea what they formally called
> > their military under the Hapsburgs--or for that
> > matter, what the German Army was called prior to WWI.
>
> I think it was the "Imperial and Royal Army (similarly for the Navy)"
due
> the dual monarchy with Hungary.

The Armed forces were called the K.u.K Wehrmacht, as in the website:
http://www.kuk-wehrmacht.de
"K.u.K" is "Kaiserlich und Königlich" - Imperial (Austrian) and Royal
(Hungarian).

The Army was the K.u.K.Heer, the Navy the K.u.K Kriegsmarine, the
Infantry
were the "K.u.K.Fußtrupppen". In addition theere were the reserves and
Militias K.u.K Landwehr and K.u.K Landsturm.

BTW, is the NSL supposed to be a monarchy ? By impression was that it
had
picked up some of the Austro-Hungarian traditions, and that the old
nobility
played some role, but that it was a republic.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Nomenclature2 (NSL, FSE, ESU) Next: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle