Prev: Re: Framework of nations Next: Re: Nomenclature2 (NSL, FSE, ESU)

Re: GZGverse Govt Structure

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:22:29 -0500
Subject: Re: GZGverse Govt Structure

> Which is how the NRE ended up with a (not amir, next
> level down) as a client state.

I'm a bit fuzzy on Moslem titles and ranks....I think these are
correct but would be only mildly surprised to find out I'm mistaken:
Kaliph is the religious head.
Sultan is the Protector of the Kaliph, similar to Shogun.
Amir is a provincial ruler.
Sheikh is a clan leader.

"Malik" is "king" as I recall, and I think "Atabeg" would be the
regent for a royal prince--but they're probably Turkish instead of
Arabic.
"Shah" is "ruler" or "king" but is Farsi (Persian).

Suggestions?

Prev: Re: Framework of nations Next: Re: Nomenclature2 (NSL, FSE, ESU)