Prev: 1/300-1/285 scaling? Next: Re: Ship Designs for Review

Re: Ship Designs for Review

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:06:57 +0100
Subject: Re: Ship Designs for Review

Z Lakel wrote:

>I was wondering if any of you could critique these ship designs that I
>have come up for my to-be-written minor power.

What movement system do you use - Vector or Cinematic?
Which fire arcs (F, FP etc.) do the weapons cover?

You're *very* light on PDS. While missiles probably aren't that much of
problem (depending on the exact cloaking rules you use though!), you're
in
serious trouble against a carrier force. If their ships are in your
effective weapons range, your ships are close enough to *them* that
their
fighters can catch you with their secondary move.

>SN-B
>Thrust: 4
>1 x Pulse Torp, 1 arc

Design legal. If this is intended for Cinematic movement, thrust-4 is
much
too slow to aim a single-arc weapon though.

>WE
>Cost: 258			 Mass	 Cost
>Mass: 62			 -	 62
>Hull: 16			 16	 32
>Thrust: 4			 12+6	 24+12 (main + FTL)
>Systems:
>1 x Class 1			 1	 3
>2 x Pulse Torps (3 arc) 12	 36
>2 x PDS		 2	 6
>1 x Screen			 3	 9
>1 x Cloak			 6	 60
>2 x Firecon			 2	 8
Total				60	252

The ship only uses 60 Mass. Looks like 2 Mass of weapons that have gone
missing.

>F5R
>Skyhawk
>K5R
>K7R

All OK.

>K7A
>12 x PDS
>1 x ADFC

Legal design, but as John A. said you definitely want a second ADFC -
remember, each ADFC only allows you to protect *one* friendly ship
within 6".

>K7M
>Cost: 367		 Mass	 Cost
>Mass: 90		 -	 90
>Hull: 30		 30	 60
>Thrust: 4		 18+9	 36+18
>Systems:
>1 x Class 1		 1	 3
>1 x Nova Cannon 20	 60
>1 x PDS	 1	 3
>1 x Cloak		 9	 90
>1 x Firecon		 1	 4
Total			89	364

Design uses only 89 Mass; looks like 1 Mass of weapon/PDS missing

>Sparrowhawk

OK

>C7R
>Cost: 503			 Mass	 Cost
>Mass: 120			 -	 120
>Hull: 30			 30	 60
>Thrust: 4			 24+12	 48+24
>Systems:
>1 x Class 1			 1	 3
>4 x Class 2			 8	 24
>2 x Pulse Torp, 3 arc each	 12	 36
>3 x PDS		 3	 9
>1 x ADFC			 2	 8
>2 x Screen			 12	 36
>1 x Cloak			 12	 120
>3 x Firecon			 3	 12
Total				119	500

1 Mass missing again, looks like a weapon or PDS

>Condor Dreadnaught

OK

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: 1/300-1/285 scaling? Next: Re: Ship Designs for Review