Prev: RE: Re: FMA Battalion Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Military Questions

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:05:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Military Questions

>From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca>

>Thanks to John A, John R, Glenn, Brian, Don, etc.

You're welcome.  I wish it was from personal experience.  Unfortunately,
my
childhood medical record precluded me from serving my country the way so

many in my family have.  It's one of my deepest lifelong regrets.

>Some good info there, although I am
>moderately perplexed by the USN having both
>Warrants and Petty Officers (I sort of thought
>the warrant ranks were PO equivalent....).

Not in the USN.  USN PO's are NCO's in the same way as Corporals &
Sgt.'ts
in ground militaries.  IIRC, WO's in the US Military are enlisted
personnel
who happen to do jobs normally reserved for commissioned officers - Lots
of
WO's in Viet Nam were helicopter pilots.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: RE: Re: FMA Battalion Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale