Prev: FMA Battalion Next: Re: Future Wet Water Navy structure: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions

Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 01:19:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

At 10:44 PM 12/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> I'm about half convinced at this point that an FT background based
>> on...actually, that's a little strong.  How about "inspired by"?  A
>> background INSPIRED BY the Cthulhu Mythos could be pretty damned
>cool.	Not
>> particularly cheerful, though.
>
>Cue "Savasku Invasion Part II--It Turns Out Their SDNs Are Just
>Pets..."

One of the bits that I've been intending to add to the Illuminati
history
regards the Sa'Vasku, and how their earlier visits to earth were the
basis
of a lot of really strange stories and forgotten myths.

Shoggoths, for example, would make exceptionally nasty Sa'Vasku ground
troops.

>I'd tend to go more with a SG or FMAS, though, and this might be a
>good time to find out (or, more accurately, for someone else, not me,
>to find out) what the SV "boarding warriors" are like.

Oh, I like the idea of starship sized godlings being set upon by
determined
(albeit doomed) human.	I particularly like the modelling
possibilities....

That being said, "The Shadow Over Innsmouth: 2250 AD" might be a fun
scenario to run.  Your basic Deep One will be cut to pieces by modern
weapons, but enough of them would make a valid threat...especially with
support provided by those relatives who are still human enough to use a
gun.

So many possibilites!

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: FMA Battalion Next: Re: Future Wet Water Navy structure: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions