Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu :)

Re: [OT] WWII rules?

From: Kevin Clement <lord_sepulchrave@y...>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:52:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] WWII rules?

<20011205182757.48444.qmail@web10806.mail.yahoo.com>,
> Jakim Friant w
> rites:
> > -- Roger Books wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone have suggestions for WWII armour (1/300)
> > > rules?  We like the alternating move style of
> DS,
> > but
> > > nobody in my gaming group is experienced or
> > > knowledgable enough to convert historical WWII
> units
> > > to DS units.
>
> I'd suggest Piquet's Point of Attack: Blitzkrieg.
> It shares a lot in
> common with FMA, IMO.  It also has a lot of things
> going for it like
> three different gaming scales (unit == squad,
> platoon and battalion)
> in the same game.  I enjoy it a lot.
>
> http://www.piquet.com/

And you don't have to worry about .5" differences in
armor thickness. ^_^ I live near some of the WWII
playtesters and enjoy the POA2 system. (make sure you
get the current 2nd version)

Though I'm now playing their WWI supplement Barrage
more. (and need to paint more Russians for some RCW
battles this winter)

Battleground WWII is also very good though it might
bog down at 1/300 scale, it works best with several
squads and a few tanks per side, though there are
1/300 rules. Unfortunately it seems to be PDF only now
on cds, some of the original binder rulebooks are
probably still in stores. (www.battlegroundwwii.com ?)

For moderns, try A Fistful of Tows at
http://www.tyler.net/tbeard/home.htm

he also has a draft of WWII rules as well Victorian
Fantasy (as in Orcs and such) and War of the Worlds
rules. All free downloads.

Piquet also has a Vietnam era supplement which could
be used for Moderns and are developing a Modern set.

Both Piquet and FFoT have good egroups on Yahoo!
Groups.

Kevin Clement

Prev: Re: Inventions Next: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu :)