Prev: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Needlebeam Fleet (was:RE: [OT] What mailing list is this again?)

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:19:27 -0800
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Back in the dark days of WW2, Churchill - in a fit of enthusiasm extreme

even for him - proposed a partial unifcation of the English-speaking
world - totally free trade and common passports is what I recall. Oh,
and the Americans in Roosevelt's entourage nodding and smiling politely.

This is somewhere in his WW2 series probably volume two.

Eli Arndt wrote:

>Problem,
>
>>I should point out that the NAC is a Confederation. You should look
>>up the meaning of the word.
>>

>Meaning and true nature are two different things.  Besides, I don't
really see it as that big of a change, other than in name.  By the time
the NAC comes around, Queen/King in the UK may be no more than President
in the US.  Afterall, going to Parlament is a lot like going to
Congress.

>The US and the UK have always come together when things were really
dark, this is just an extreme example of it.  Besides, everybody acts as
if the NAC signed some massive edict abolishing Americanism.  Over time
being American would likely become like being Canadian, Scottish, or
Irish.	Keep your identity, but ya know what if the Queen is willing to
foot the bill and pay me for doing a job cool, better than starving on
some street and wishign for the good ol' days.

>Yeah, you'd have seperatists, but I honestly think that America would
rather become part of the NAC than fall in on itself.  The US would
likely become a very influencial part of the NAC.