Prev: Re: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: RE: [OT] What mailing list is this again?

RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:53:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

--- Iain Davidson <iain@arath.org.uk> wrote:

> Brian (and others),  I cannot agree with this as the
> Universe really feels
> like it is written from a Western perspective. It

Yes, well who's invented 99+% of the things you use in
the world today?

> doesn't really cater for
> the potential super-powers of the future such as
> India, and I wouldn't be in

Too disunited--and too dirt-poor.  Too many structural
problems in that society.

> the least surprised if the Islamic World became THE
> dominant force on Earth,
> purely down to numbers if nothing else.  There are a

Too backwards--and the more agressive they are, the
more backwards they are.  The educated ones are mostly
the guys who want to be left alone to drink their
coffee in peace.

> Since China takes over the ex-USSR to a large
> extent, why on earth would it
> revert to Nova Moskya when they move to space. Now
> that really doesn't make
> sense to me....

Because if you can imagine the Chinese with a viable
space program you've got well more imagination than I
do.  They're not the most forward-looking people
around.  No imagination.

John