Prev: Re: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Nobility.... or not....

RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:43:12 +1100
Subject: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

At 05:11  3/12/01 +1100, Beth wrote:
>G'day guys,

<snip>

>As a non American having seen so many films/stories/games where the US
>effectively reign supreme (and hearing the US of today proclaim
themselves
>leaders of the free world fairly or not), its just so much fun to take
the
>mick...and being the warped sardonic b@st@rds we Aussies are its all
the
>more fun when the USAians get all upset about it ;) ;) ;)
>
> > Realistically speaking, any NAC that took the attitude Derek
> > just displayed would have not a snowball's chance in hell
> > of being accepted by any American....
>
>Just like Master Atkinson you have to know when he's joking... I'm
>considerate enough to add ";)", Derek isn't always as kindly.

Note to self must remember to supply 'laugh track'
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

> >> Derek (Who lives in a country where the lowest can actually
> >> rise to hold the highest elected political position in the land)
> >
> > That's because it's such a short rise. ;-)
>
>I'll pay that one ;)

Me too, especially if you realize just how 'short' our current Prime
Minister is. :)

<snip>

>However, as much as Derek will have enjoyed getting a rise out of
USAians
>(he is an Aussie bloke after all) I think its time we let this one die
>natural death... I hate discussing politics at the best of times, but
when
>its wasting good gaming time, heaven forbid!!! ;)

What she said ;) But I will admit I always have a chuckle because of the

'return of the colonies' premise in the GZG timeline and the response it

draws from quite a few Americans. It's important to remember that the
GZG
time line is simply a background to provide a bit of colour to the games
we
play, not a serious attempt at defining the future of humanity.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: Re: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Nobility.... or not....