Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: [FH] Druze, was Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: WJAL21@a...
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:41:36 EST
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

bbilderback@hotmail.com writes:

> Sorry, I should have said, "Nobility", not "nobility" - I was
referring to
> the possession of titles/peerage, NOT the personal quality (The two
seeming
> to have no direct connection).

Most Nobility currently are "Life Peers". The title is not passed on to
descendants.
Also they are generally awarded to People making an outstanding
contribution
to the country. Senior military officers, Chief Constables, civil
servants,
retired politicians, and very successful businessmen. Of course there
also
those who get an award for sucking up to the right person, i.e. the
Prime
Minister.
They are really a pat on the back for a job well done.
As for Americans accepting them I don't think there is much doubt they
would.
t's not as if they are any more modest about their achievements than the

English. There are a couple of Americans given a title every now and
again, I
think normally a Knighthood. General Stormin Norman (sorry can't spell
his
surname) got one after the Gulf war.
Just my opinion

John Law

Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: [FH] Druze, was Another political question re: Tuffleverse