Prev: Re: Wet Navy in the future Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

[OT] Age of Gaming

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 11:34:56 -0500
Subject: [OT] Age of Gaming

In order to keep the list traffic from overwhelming people, please
respond offlist to laserlight@quixnet.net and I'll collate.  People
who confuse ForwardTo with ReplyTo WILL BE SHOT.

Thinking of Combat Walkers, how to appeal to the GW crowd, and so
forth, I'm minded to wonder:

1. At what age did you start playing
a. miniatures?
b. board games?
c. RPG (that's Role Playing Game, not rocket propelled grenade)?
d. what age are you now (Beth and other ladies are excused from this
question)?

2.  Did your interests shift from one type of gaming to another as you
grew older?  Why?

3. What periods do you play (eg Alexandrian Greeks, Crusades,
Napoleonics, WW2, modern, near future SF ground, far future SF naval,
fantasy medieval, Civil War Naval, etc)?  Rank them in order from
favorite to least--but remember these are the periods that you *play*,
not *have rules for*.

4. On the scale from single figure skirmish, squad, platoon, etc up to
grand strategic campaign, what do you most prefer?

5.  What would you consider a classic matchup, and which side would
you prefer to play?
eg "one Ogre vs my GEV horde"; or "Fatimid trash levy spears vs a
small band of my Stormin' Normans knights"; or "a slugfest between a
battalion of my ultra tech panzers and a matching enemy battalion".
Give some details on comparative size, mobility and quality.

6.  What is your single favorite game to *play* -- not tinker with the
designs, not make up history etc, but to actually set up the table and
play?

7.  How much do you spend on games (terrain, minis, rules, etc--not
convention-related expenses) per year?	Remember to include your
currency.

Remember, reply offlist.

Prev: Re: Wet Navy in the future Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale