Prev: Arctic vegetation Next: Re: Bier

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Christopher Pipinou <cpip@j...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:31:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 08:39:54 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:
> First of all, what I know about Chamberlain is that he
> wouldn't have been up there if it weren't for
> Brigadier General Warren[1].
<much snippage>
> [1]20-points: Identify this man and his role.

GK Warren, who observed the Confederate advance on Little Round Top and
ordered Chamberlain there, to "save the honor of the Fifth Corps,"
although Chamberlain didn't believe his brigade combat-ready at the
time.

To bring this round back to topic, on a civil war note, one thing that
occurred to me is that some U.S. forces (especially National Guard
units)
might NOT be incorporated into the NAC rosters, because they were part
of
the civil war and were opposed to the Anglo-Canadian peacekeeping force.

Then again, if they fought with particular valour and honor, perhaps if
they surrendered, they'd be resurrected.

Myself, I'm holding out for the Prince of New York's Own Lancer
battalion... :)

Best,
Chris

Prev: Arctic vegetation Next: Re: Bier