Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:17:59 +1100
Subject: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....)

G'day Brian,

 >IAS fighting in hot desert.
 >IAS fighting in tropical rain forest.

While I'm touched you thought of my guys, I'd like to point out that it
says "most IAS colonies are joint ventures in marginally habitable areas
of
systems (hot or cold) claimed by another nation" - though the cold ones
seem to be the ones I get offered the most ;)

 >I would think that non Power Armor
 >troops would fight at 1 less quality than
 >normal when fighting under adverse conditions.

Sounds like a good idea, maybe even 2 less if they were suddenly dropped

into high altitude with no suits etc. If they were in full NBC suits I'd

allow them to have standard quality but reduce their movement abilities
by
a grade (i.e. all act as encumbered etc).

 >Roll a d6 for to get percent of force that is
 >down due to environmental conditions?

Sound idea. You could also make wounds more lethal or harder to fix.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle