Prev: RE: Cargo in FT Next: RE: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"

RE: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:01:35 +1100
Subject: RE: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"

On Friday, November 23, 2001 12:58 AM, Andreas Ørlyng
[SMTP:andreas.orlyng@rikshospitalet.no] wrote:
> Tuesday night we played a 3000 vs 3000 pt game NAC/FSE vs Kra'Vak,
never
> having played NAC before and wanting to try out the pulse torpedoes I
took
> with my share of the "allied" points.
>  1 CH Vandenburg/T (2 PT)
>  3 BB Vanguard (4 PT)
> Now being relatively new to FT, I have owned the books for years and
years
> but only recently started playing. I am would like to know your
"style",
do
> you consider fieldig only cruisers and battleships "cheesy" shoud I
field
> bunch of DD's and FF's as well.

I tend to just enforce a minimum number of ships for the point values
(usually around 1 ship per 250-300 points).
Usually this means 1-2 larger ships + 3-4 cruisers and an occasional
escort
to use up the points.

See
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/ft/conquest.htm
for this in action from the results of the last local tournament.

Brendan

Prev: RE: Cargo in FT Next: RE: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"