Prev: mecha in SG/DS Next: Re: mecha in SG/DS

Re:mecha in SG/DS

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:52:10 -0600
Subject: Re:mecha in SG/DS

Tomb. said;

I'm not saying walkers can't serve a purpose.
One place would be in broken terrain (rubble,
boulder fields, badlands, perhaps in some
mountainous terrain) where tanks just can't go.
And in urban situations, small walkers (size 1)
might serve as good backup to infantry. But big
walkers a la Star Wars AT AT require the magic
of unobtainium armour or shields to give them
any chance to survive the mass swarm of
GMS/H and MDC/5 rounds they'll be sucking.

This is largely the way I use them in my NSL urban assault unit. Have a
few size 1
walkers backed up by infantry, armor, and artillery. All are done up in
urban camo and
act as a specialized unit.There are also four size 2 walkers as general
support in this
MTO&E.I generally like the look of  gears/walkers/mechs but do agree
that militarily
they are of limited use except in very specialized circumstances. But
they are Sci-fi
cool if a bit far fetched.

Don

"The LT. is insane!" " Hay we're fighting giant bugs on freaken
Pluto,man we're all insane!"

ROUGNECKS: The Pluto Campaign

Prev: mecha in SG/DS Next: Re: mecha in SG/DS