Prev: RE: Low Vs High Tech :was grav Next: mecha in SG/DS

Re: Walkers, was RE: grav

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:50:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav

Actually the biggest "nail", is the fact that the walker has only two
legs.
All it takes is a hit strong enough to knockoff one leg, and the walker
is
horizontal.
(On it's front,  on it's back, ect.  Read: Useless...actually it might
still
be usefull as
cover for infantry...)	Whereas a tank with one tread blown out still
has
it's
weapons useable.  This fact would be true in any game dealing with
walker
units.

The Battletech rules never seem to deal with this.  I stopped playing
that
game
once I figured that out.  (I spotted most of it just by studying the
construction
system.)

Donald Hosford