Prev: Re: grav Next: RE: grav

Re: grav

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:35:59 +0000
Subject: Re: grav

John Crimmins wrote:

> >I never buy anything but Superior, unless the vehicle's main mission
is as
> >an APC or it's main target is infantry, since FCS has no effect on
main
> >weapons vs. infantry.
>
> Okay, am I the only person who ever designs sub-optimal units?  Not
> everyone is going to have the best available technology and systems to
work
> with; I work under the assumption that Superior is the cutting-edge
> technology, advanced beyond the average.  And even the powers that
*have*
> such advanced tech aren't always going to be able to get it to the
front
> lines right away.  I think that it's a safe assumption that some
worlds are
> going to be well behind the technology curve.

No, you're not alone ! I apply this principle to my FT units as well -
not all ships have the optimal number of PDS, in fact my large carriers
are designed on the same minimal armament principle as contemporary US
supercarriers - their job is to haul fighters, not guns. They'll be
surrounded by CEs whose job it is to protect them.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: grav Next: RE: grav