Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:15:27 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

John Atkinson wrote:

> Not entirely true.  You can do plenty with that time.
> My first suggestion would be to go into position.  As
> for the arbitary cutoffs, that's good.  Arbitrary
> cutoffs are what make a game playable.  Otherwise
> you'd actually need 12 years of military experience to
> run a platoon in a firefight.  Which would disqualify
> all but a handful on this list.

And if already in position you can either fall back (creating an
interupt to shoot and not leaving your men a position to shoot next
time), throw smoke, which wouldn't have helped, or twiddle their thumbs.

> > > I can tell you've never fired a weapon.
> >
> > No I fire a weapon all the time. I just haven't
> > fired a gun.
>
> Eh?  You a bowhunter or something?  'Coz if that's
> intended to be a double entendre, you've got it
> reversed.

Actually yes I shoot a bow and I'm pretty good at it.

Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions