Prev: Re: CanAm Designs Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:12:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:
>
> > If I had a bunch of infantry in hard cover and I
> > couldn't get any good
> > shot off with regular rifle fire I think a shot with
> > a rocket to try and
> > punch them out of cover would be an acceptable use.
>
> Rockets are optimized for use against hard point
> targets.  Bunkers are good targets.  Squads spread out
> hiding behind trees are not good targets.

Then an IAVR s hould not have a D10 support die, it should have a D4 or
a D6 at best. My read in seeing it have a D10 was that it was better
then a SAW against infantry.

> On the gripping hand, the problem isn't so much that
> he volley-fired the damn things against a target that
> wasn't worth it, the problem is that you can't
> reasonably interpret the rules to permit you to fire
> twice in one damn turn.

Actually the target was worth it. If he didn't get rid of that one
infantry squad right then, he was going to loose the game. He had one
shot at it.

I think you're taking this a little too personally. I made that call
that he could fire the IAVRs as his second action because the rules said
WEAPON, the activation gives you enough time to fire and move 60m, and
the thought was that the squad was laying fire down on the enemy, they
noticed that it wasn't doing enough and they decided to throw a couple
of rockets at them. Looking back I don't allowing them to all shoot one
off was a perfect idea but 1 or 2 would have been ok.

Prev: Re: CanAm Designs Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions