Prev: Re: MT missiles possibilities Next: Re: FT FCs: was: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

Re: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:30:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

Glenn Wilson wrote:

>FCS, SM's, MTM's  questions -
>
>I am unsure on FCS limits with SM and MTM's.
>
>Beams require one FCS per target-ship, NB's require one FCS per target
>system per ship, but can you use FCS for Sm and/or MTM launches and
then
>for other weapons in one turn?

Yes.

>4. Launch Salvo Missiles (and MT Missiles, I assume)
>	  A. Fire 1 (or more?) salvo(es) of SM's does each salvo need
one
>FCS?
>	  B. Launch 1 (or 1 to 5) MT Missiles - does each MTM need one
FCS?

1 FCS is enough to launch every missile, and it can *also* be used to
direct direct-fire weapons later in the game turn.

This is covered in the FT FAQ, BTW.

>Can I now allocate:
>1 FCS for PT
>1 FCS for NB
>1 FCS for submunition packs
>1 FCS for massed Beam(s) attack.

Yes. Assuming, of course, that you want to fire the PTs, SMPs and beams
at
separate targets; if you fire them all at one single target you only
need 1
FCS (SMPs and beams could always "share" FCSs, and P-torps had their FCS

restriction officially lifted by Jon here on the list some while back).

>Or does the two launches of SM and MT Missiles above tie up 2 FCS this
>turn?

No

>Do I need another FCS (or use the one allotted to the submunitions pack
>and not fire the submunitons packs) if I want to fire Ortillery the
same
>round?  Or is that built in to the system?  And when does Ortillery
fire
>occur in a turn (I have a scenario in mind)?

Ortillery fire isn't defined anywhere in the rules. I'd require it to
use
an FCS and fire it in the normal combat phase.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: MT missiles possibilities Next: Re: FT FCs: was: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...