Prev: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces Next: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces

Re: MT missiles possibilities

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:00:29 EST
Subject: Re: MT missiles possibilities

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:22:28 -0800 Jaime Tiampo
<fugu@spikyfishthing.com>
writes:
>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>>
>> However I do not see the "closest" on page 3 that we have, to my
>> experience,	used as a guideline... Page 3 says "...any ship..." and
>that
>> might imply selectiveness.  Hmmm...	Why not largest?  Or fastest?
>
>You can select any target that lies within their attack arc and range.

Superb, now to talk to the GM and see if he will buy that!  Not that it
happens all that much, especially the way I use place missiles...

>> 2) The suggested FCS lock-on required during flight sand attack.
>So, if
>> I have 10 MT missiles on board, launch all of them at one time then
>one
>> FCS controls them all?  In one mass formation or individual tracking
>for
>> all ten by one FCS?	Same single target or multiple targets?
>
>You only need an active FCS to launch all MT Missiles. They don't have
>to fly in formation and can break off and do whatever you want them
>to.

I love a good AI! <grin>

>> 3) The FCS is used on turn 1 for launch and general targeting but is
>not
>> needed on turns 2 and 3 as the AI,using Inertial, stellar, passive
>and/or
>> active systems attempts wending it's way to the targets available.
>>
>> Fleet Book 1 is not clear in how the changes for SM's relate to MT
>> Missiles so I have looked but don't see what effect, if any, FB1 has
>on
>> MT Missiles.
>
>The FCS is only needed to launch the missiles. After that they're self
>guiding.
>
>The only change FB1 makes to MT missiles is that they can  now be hit
>on
>a 4+ by PDS.
>
>Jaime

And that actually seems better to my mind.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces Next: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces