Prev: Re: As we're talking about Ghurka's anyway... Next: Re: World/System creation

Re: [DS2] Complex 15 Assault: AAR (long)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:36:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Complex 15 Assault: AAR (long)

--- Noel Weer <noel.weer@verizon.net> wrote:

> with one of our players. Technically, the 1 size
> over class is not a "rule"
> but a "recommendation" (top left column of page 12,
> in bold).
>
> I have 3 of my personal designs (all part of the
> engagement) that violate
> the recommendation: size 3 vehicles with class 5
> guns. In each case though,

This is the only case where violation of that rule is
worth your time.  Yes, you can do it with fixed
weapons at almost any size class.  But the
restrictions on fixed-forward weapons are such that
those vehicles are pretty much raw meat against real
tanks.

And the problem with a size 5 main gun on a size 3
vehicle is that it doesn't leave room for anything
else.  If you opponent brings nothing but gun-armed
tanks to the fight, all is good.  Combined arms
tactics will take that force to the mat but quick.

John

Find a job, post your resume.

Prev: Re: As we're talking about Ghurka's anyway... Next: Re: World/System creation